Gone are the days, when people used to rely on some crash diets to target their fitness goals! It’s not about superficial ways of reducing weight but rather knowing the art of a healthy and balanced lifestyle. I will talk about my diet in some other post but here are few tips to lead you towards a healthy and fit body that I follow. These are no hard-core rules but simple lifestyle changes that have always helped me. So, here it goes.
1) The ‘feel-good’ Factor– It’s not about forcing yourself to adapt to some exercise routine, however it’s about identifying which exercise or sport’s routine makes you happy because it’s that happy factor which helps you to achieve your fitness goals.
If you don’t like gym, go for a run. If you don’t like running, join some dance classes. If you
think yoga gives you peace and contentment then do that. It’s always the ‘feel -good factor’
which plays a vital role. I love doing a mix of all of the above and that’s what works for me.
Identify yours, and then go for it!
2) Listen to your body– Don’t make your journey hard rather gradually work towards your goal. You will be surprised how your body will communicate to you. You will get a better understanding of yourself, if you pay a little more attention. Like for example, I have realised that I need that ‘me time’ and sometimes, I go for long walks or jogs which do wonders for me. After that I treat myself with a nice meal too if I want. Basically, I am listening to what my body wants and adapt to it.
3) Treat your self– Like people say, ‘keep a cheat day’! I never get what the heck that means. This word signifies guilt to me which is definitely not a ‘feel-good’ factor!! Of course, it will harm me if I am not happy about it, right? Let’s say, if I am having a piece of a chocolate cake, it’s keeping my taste buds happy and it’s definitely making me happy too! If I think it’s doing some serious harm to you, it will. So, why not, enjoy that piece of cake and follow your regular exercise routine. You don’t have to run an extra mile to burn that cake. It’s okay!
4) Nature is your friend– I am not a morning person but if I do wake up early, I want to be outdoors. I need that fresh oxygen to breathe. I want to feel the morning rays on my skin and whenever I have done that believe me it’s like kick- starting your day with some extra energy at your disposal.
5) Eat, burn and sleep– This can never fail you. Even the fittest of fittest person will swear by this! You cannot burn if you don’t eat and you cannot recover if you miss on your proper sleep. Lack of sleeping slows down your metabolism! So, it’s always a good idea to get atleast 7-8 hours of sound sleep.
P.S. I am not an expert on fitness rather these are just simple things in life that we tend to ignore. These are general tips for relatively everyone who is struggling to get fit. People who are advised by their doctor to follow a diet or a fitness schedule should stick to that.
These are my simple fitness mantras and now I am going to talk about my new found love for a beauty clinic. It’s my latest beauty go-to-destination and I am so happy to know they have come to Khan Market. Aayna Clinic, one of the leading aesthetic wellness clinic of Delhi, launched its second state of the art centre at Khan Market. The new Clinic carries forward the legacy of Aayna offering safe and effective procedures in the fields of Cosmetic dermatology, Anti-ageing, Weight management, Semi-permanent makeup, Hair restoration and Medical pedicures. Some of the most popular and unique treatments available at Aayna are Semi permanent make up, Margaret Dabbs Pedicures and Manicures and Dermal Fillers. Dermal fillers which is an Anti ageing treatment widely used but rarely done with so much precision that results look 100% natural. Dr. Simal Soin is well recognized for her work in the Anti-ageing field and is one of the leading injectors in the country. Aesthetically done, clinic’s interiors have been designed to reflect the grace and aura of brand Aayna; which extends welcoming and hospitable ambience. The clinic offers ‘medical luxurious’ and relaxed atmosphere to its visitors. As a matter of fact, it doesn’t give you a feeling of a clinic. The swanky, cosy environment of Aayna will really make you go their again and again apart from their meticulously designed procedures. I was very happy to know that they offer advanced medical treatments in skin care and beauty which is a need of every woman surviving in the toxic environments of Delhi.
Concept, Styling and Content by Karishma Kambo | Photography by Bhuwan Gupta
Jacket – Wild Craft | Sports Gear- Nike | Sports Shoes- Nike
Aayna Clinic- Khan Market, New Delhi.
Know more at: www.aaynaclinic.com