Evening gowns are always a perfect choice for your special occasion, any formal party or a pre-wedding function! There is a reason that it is the choice of all the celebrities worldwide for the red carpet event. A perfect evening gown will accentuate your curves and that’s exactly what is so classy and fabulous about this dreamy outfit. Yes, I find it ‘dreamy’ because whether it’s a floor sweeping gown paired with high heels or a flared one which can make you feel like a princess, once you swirl, it will always make you feel on the top of the world! However, there are always few styling tips which can make or break that look, and shouldn’t be ignored!
Things to keep in mind when you style your evening gown:
- It is all about the right fit– No matter how flattering the gown is but you have to make sure that it is for you! The right fit is the vital factor as it can make or break the look for you.
- Your foundation pieces are as important as your main outfit– A visible panty line is very distracting and steals away all the panache from your look! For the love of god, please choose your undergarments carefully. Avoid backless dresses, if you don’t have the perfect bra to go with it because without the support it will make your gown look very shabby and unclassy.
- Know your body to choose the gown– If you are pear shaped or have a thin waist line, invest in an empire waist gown. It will highlight your narrow waist and hide all the flaws. Similarly, if you are an apple shaped you might want to accentuate your bottom area.
- Do not accessorize all your visible areas– It is not advisable to wear jewellery wherever you can think of! Keep it simple, minimal and classy. If your outfit needs to be elevated around the neck then just go for one statement necklace, and if it doesn’t, just skip it. Sometimes, all you need is a hint of jewellery, may be a nice pair of earrings or a handcuff! Like I styled this blue-back one below.
- Right pair of heels– Yes, it gives you a right posture but only, if you choose your heels correctly, and most importantly, if you can glide in those shoes and not hop! If you wear six-inches heels but can barely walk in those for even ten minutes then it’s a bad choice, go for kitten heels instead!
- Every other detail counts– Your makeup, hair and even every other small detail like manicured hands will make a world of difference. I personally like, sleek hairdo for evening gowns as it’s your outfit that should grab all the eyeballs. The hair and make up should not clash with your outfit. So, please avoid all the drama and experiments for this evening look!
- The right bag– Evening clutches mostly go well with these beautiful gowns as you do need something to carry your basic stuff.
I have styled various different evening gown looks for this post. Have a look and let me know how you guys have liked it. All these fabulous pieces are designed by Nidhi Gupta who showcased this entire collection at the recently, held Asia Designer Week!
About Nidhi Gupta and her label Sattvika
Nidhi Gupta is a leading stylist and designer. A NIIFT graduate, she functioned as a designer for one of the renowned designer Varun Bahl, before venturing out on her own and launching the label “Sattvika” in 2007. In Vedic philosophy, Sattvika stands for “Purity” signifying authenticity in her designs. With forte in both western & traditional ethnic Indian wear for women, she chose to play around with colors in Indian attire, in sync with her belief of celebrating traditions with contemporary styles. The collection captures traditional weaving artistry, handmade embroideries and fabrics in an eternal collection. But more importantly, her designs voice the taste of the new age 21st century Indian woman.
Outfits- Sattvika by Nidhi Gupta | Jewellery- Zariin
Concept, Styling and Content- Karishma Kambo
Photography- Niharika Bokaria
Location Courtesy- ITC Welcome Hotel, Dwarka